You are cordially invited to the monthly EBN Breakfast event under the auspices of Austria. The event will take place on Thursday, 28th of February at 08:30, at the Holiday Inn (Seimyniskiu 1, Vilnius).
Balancing Fintech Opportunities and Risks
Presentation by Marius Jurgilas, Member of the Board of the Bank of Lithuania.
Prior to joining the Bank of Lithuania, Marius Jurgilas worked as Economist at Norges Bank and the Bank of England, Researcher at the European Central Bank, and gained academic experience in the US. As Member of the Board of the Bank of Lithuania, he is in charge of payment services and their development, FinTech, research and cash, as well as units performing related functions. To address related issues, he participates in meetings of the ECB Governing Council and committees, scientific conferences, as well as represents the central bank of the Republic of Lithuania at various international economic fora and organisations.
Born in Šiauliai, 6 March 1979
- 2007 – PhD in Economics, University of Connecticut (USA)
- 2003 – MSc in Economics, University of Connecticut (USA)
- 2001 – BSc in Economics, Vilnius University (Lithuania)
Professional and academic activities
- As of 15 May 2013 – Member of the Board of the Bank of Lithuania
- 2011–2013 – Economist at the Financial Stability Research Department of Norges Bank (central bank of Norway)
- 2008–2011– Economist at the Bank of England (central bank of the United Kingdom)
- 2010–2011 – Visiting Professor at ISM University of Management and Economics (Vilnius, Lithuania)
- 2007–2008 – Assistant Professor at the University of Elon (USA)
- 2006 – Researcher at the European Central Bank
- 2001–2007 – Lecturer and Research Assistant at the University of Connecticut (USA)
- 2000–2001 – Manager at AB Vilniaus bankas (currently AB SEB bankas)
Please confirm your attendance by Tuesday, 26th of February to email@example.com. This event is free for EBN members; non-members may attend by paying an entrance fee of only €20.
If you are not a member and would like to register for this event, please fill out this form.
If you want to become a member now, please go to Join the EBN.